Monday, April 2, 2012

Audrey's Birthday Swingset!

With the big 3 quickly approaching (and no room in the house for new birthday toys) we decided to give Audrey her very own swingset in our back yard. She is THRILLED. There were selfish reasons of my own to give her a swingset as well - I mean who wants to pack up both a 3 year old AND and infant to go to a playground in the middle of summer? Not me!


checking the pieces

After much deliberation, David decided to build the swing set (instead of hiring someone else) with his dad, Anthony. It took the whole weekend but it was a weekend filled with sunshine!



deciding where to begin!

 









I left Saturday for yoga and Sunday for church and was always pleasantly surprised at how much progress was made while I was away. It was the easiest project I have ever been a part of!



Audrey and Mama smartly stay out of the way



 
end of day one
Already planning tea parties and lemonade stands

Doing what I do best: giving directions
& supervising!



wow, our backyard actually looks large here
  
end of day two - still needs swings!


   Of course, now that it is built and "old news" Audrey has begun asking what "else" she is getting for her birthday (and of course, I have a few other things stashed away)!

No comments: