Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night, er.... Day at the Museum

Audrey found the big bug!
Once a year in Rhode Island we get a lovely summer holiday in August. What holiday is that, you might ask? Victory (over Japan) Day!

Looking at a butterfly up close
Yes, we are the only state in the country left to celebrate this discriminatory-sounding holiday. Truthfully, I think Rhode Islanders just didn't want to give up a perfectly good beach day! This year, instead of joining the masses at over crowded beaches, we drove into Boston to meet our friends Ben, Caroline and Blake at the Boston Museum of Science.

Checking out some froggies
I foolishly planned a day packed with fun-filled activities including a T ride to the Boston Public Garden to take a ride on the swan boat and carousel. Boy was I surprised that we were able to entertain two 1 year olds at a science museum for over 4 hours! Despite a few tears caused by hunger and overtiredness, Audrey and Blake were happy, curious and lots of fun. While they didn't play together, they did play side by side, with only a few "mine" moments (we really need to teach Audrey to share!)

Hey, this dosn't look like my starfish at home
After 4.5 hours we left the museum and went home, saving all of our other activities for another day. My two big babies slept most of the ride home, David reclined in the front seat and Audrey comfortable in her carseat.























Woah. I could tell this
didn't sit quite right with her




















Blake and Audrey
Audrey Monster I










You didn't tell me there'd
be food here
Super girly... anything can
become a bracelet!

Cute!

Audrey Monster 2
Playing well side by side

No comments: